Discover the Heart of Budapest! Get unforgettable experiences!
Budapest is most famous for its unmatched panorama, however the Hungarian capital has also been referred to as a city of surprises in the last couple of years. The reason – apart from its historical building- and natural heritage – being that Budapest offers exciting, wide-ranging programs for its guests throughout the whole year.
Now we would like to invite you to the Budapest Summer Festival 2016 to celebrate with us the renewed Margaret Island Open-Air Stage.
The Margaret Island Open-Air Stage, located in the shadow of the historic Art Nouveau Water Tower, is the only permanent open-air stage in Hungary and can accommodate approximately 3000 people.
In 2016, the Margaret Island Open-air Stage is celebrating its renewing and the varied repertoire – premiers in opera, ballet, musical, classical and world music – and much more.
Water Tower lookout & exhibition hall at the Open-Air Theatre’s court
The historic Water Tower is a spectacular attraction of the Margaret Island, rising above the crowns of the massive trees in the court of the Open-Air Theatre.
Have you ever seen Budapest’s peculiar panorama from a bird’s-eye view?
- Hungary’s largest and oldest water tower
- 360 degrees panorama dome hall, lookout point, amazing view
- unmatched Art Nouveau curved staircase
- includes the country’s first visual exhibition hall
- exhibitions of contemporary artists seven days a week
- in the court of the Water Tower Saturday nights concerts: folk, jazz, swing, soul
Boat service to Margaret Island over the whole summer, seven days a week
A river cruise in Budapest will offer an unforgettable experience!
Go for entertainment and comfort all at once!
Theater Boat Service
If you are coming to the performances of the renewed Margaret Island Open-Air Stage, then this service is for you – the most comfortable, quickest way of transport and you don’t even have to hassle with parking!
Regular Scheduled Boat Service 5 times a day!
If you’re planning a trip to the Water Tower, the attractions of Margaret Island, or the theater’s programs, arrive in comfort with the scheduled boat service, which running five times a day, seven days a week, there and back.
Jazzy Special Boat Service – concert and boat ticket in one!
If you’re coming to the Saturday night jazz concerts in the court of the Margaret Island Water Tower, do not miss this special boat service! The fee of the boat service is included in the concert ticket price.
All boat services ensure transfer transportation options!
The departures times of theater boat services are adjusted to the starting times of the programs and may vary per port.
Spend a night in Budapest and get a free theater ticket!
Take advantage of the complex cultural and touristic services complementing the art and entertainment events available at our partner hotels with extra discounts!
‘All-in!’ package deals – hotel deals with discounts
- Theater ticket to a performance of your choice at the renewed Margaret Island Open-Air Theatre
- Hotel room, buffet style breakfast and other services offered by the hotel
- Theater Boat Service there and back, free of charge
- Entrance ticket to Hungary’s biggest and oldest Water Tower with a breathtaking 360 degrees panorama
- Special deals for one or more nights, exceptional family discounts!
Some partner hotels
- Danubius Grand Hotel Margaret Island – A Touch of Excellence
- Danubius Margaret Island Health Spa Resort – For Wellness Lovers
We look forward to seeing you at our cultural and leisure programs on Margaret Island!
Meet on Margaret Island!
Operator of the theaters and organizer of the Budapest Summer Festival programs: Open-Air Theatre Non-profit Ltd., managing and art director: Teodóra Bán.
The reconstruction of the nearly 80 years old Margaret Island Open-Air Theatre is realized by the cooperative support of the State of Hungary and the Local Government of Budapest Capital in two phases, in 2013 and 2014.
Open-Air Theatre Non-profit Ltd.’s operation is funded by the Local Government of Budapest Capital.
Patron: Istvan Tarlós, Mayor of Budapest